- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
Lucy Punch, Bob Odenkirk and Rich Sommer have been cast in the romantic comedy The Giant Mechanical Man.
They join stars Jenna Fischer, Topher Grace, Malin Akerman and Chris Messina in the story of a quiet zoo worker (Fischer) who is torn between a street performer (Messina) and a pompous motivational speaker (Grace). Punch will play the street-performer’s girlfriend.
Lee Kirk wrote and is directing the project, which just began filming in Detroit.
Fischer is producing along with Molly Hassell, Michael Nardelli under his Taggart Prods. banner and Brent Stiefel. Michael Gallant, Michael Cowan and Timothy Nardelli are executive producers.
Cowan of U.K.-based Stealth Media is selling international rights to the film while WME Independent, which packaged the talent, is helping to rep North American sales.
Punch, who is repped by WME, United Agents in the U.K. and the Schiff Co., most recently appeared in You Will Meet a Tall Dark Strangerand Dinner for Schmucks. She will next appear in the Columbia comedy Bad Teacherin June.
Repped by WME and Odenkirk Provissiero Entertainment, Odenkirk is a regular on AMC’s Breaking Bad.
Sommer, repped by APA and Davis Spylios Management, is a regular on AMC’s Mad Menand appeared in The Devil Wears Prada
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day