- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The Orchard has picked up the North American rights ofCarrie Pilby.
In the adaptation of Caren Lissner’s book, Diary of a Teenage Girl star Bel Powley plays Carrie, a 19-year-old genius who has trouble with just about everything in life. Her therapist, played by Nathan Lane, pushes her toward a five-point plan of attack on getting her life together, which leads Carrie to fall in love with an engaged man.
Jason Ritter, Gabriel Byrne and Vanessa Bayer also star in Susan Johnson’s directorial debut. Kara Holden penned the screenplay.
Johnson, Suzanne Farwell, Susan Cartsonis, Brent Emery and Lisa Wolofsky produced the film. Teri Simpson, Elaine Harris and Edith Myers executive produced the feature, which had its world premiere in the special presentations section of the Toronto film festival.
ICM and UTA negotiated the deal on behalf of the filmmakers.
Radiant Films International will handle the foreign rights for the film, which will be shopped at this week’s American Film Market.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day