- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Addison Rae, one of the biggest names in social media, has joined the cast of Eli Roth’s horror movie Thanksgiving.
Spyglass is behind the slasher, which is based on the faux trailer that Roth made 16 years ago for the Quentin Tarantino-Robert Rodriguez double bill Grindhouse. Production is due to commence in Toronto in March.
Plot details are on the thin side, although it concerns a slasher who comes to a small Massachusetts town with the intention of “creating a Thanksgiving carving board out of the town’s inhabitants,” per sources. Character details for Rae’s role are being kept stuffed in the turkey.
Patrick Dempsey of Grey’s Anatomy fame is among those in talks to join the cast, which is said to be looking to cast numerous up-and-comers.
Roth is directing and producing with Electromagnetic Productions’ Roger Birnbaum.
Rae is a massive star on TikTok, with more than 88.9 million followers. She has also been named its highest earner, per Forbes. She has parlayed that into a singing career and an acting career. For the latter, she made her feature debut with He’s All That, a gender-swapped remake of 1999’s She’s All That.
She is repped by WME, Ocean Avenue, and Nixon Peabody.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day