- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Tilda Swinton and Hugh Laurie are set to star alongside Lion star Dev Patel in The Personal History of David Copperfield from Emmy-winning Veep creator Armando Iannucci, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.
The duo join the fresh take of Charles Dickens’ autobiographical masterpiece, with the film to be written by Iannucci and Simon Blackwell. The ensemble cast also includes Ben Whishaw.
Production on David Copperfield is set to start in June in the U.K. and will be Iannucci’s third movie as director after the Oscar-nominated In the Loop and The Death of Stalin. Kevin Loader and Iannucci will produce the feature.
FilmNation will continue to sell David Copperfield to buyers in Cannes after first introducing the project at EFM in Berlin.
Swinton, who won a best supporting actress Oscar for her role in Michael Clayton, has recent film credits that include Isle of Dogs and Call Me by Your Name. She is repped by UTA and Hamilton Hodell.
House alum Laurie has also joined the cast of the George Clooney-led Hulu miniseries Catch-22. Laurie, whose credits include The Night Manager, is repped by WME and Christian Hodell.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day