- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The story line follows the only surviving agent of an attack on a CIA safe house (Reynolds) as he tries to get a lethal prisoner (Washington) to a second safe house before being taken out by violent forces that want them both dead.
Word of McGraw’s involvement began during his promotion of Country Strong, Shana Feste’s drama starring Gwyneth Paltrow and Garrett Hedlund.
If a deal makes, McGraw will play a CIA agent who is the mentor to Reynolds’ character. He may not be all he appears to be.
Safe House is written by David Guggenheim, an Us Weekly editor who worked nights on the story and whose spec landed him a new career as a hot Hollywood scribe.
CAA-repped McGraw has slowly been building a slow and steady career as an actor, dipping his toes in Hollywood waters almost every year since appearing in Universal’s Friday Night Lights. He was in the studio’s The Kingdom and acted as Sandra Bullock’s husband in The Blind Side.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day