- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
Australian multihyphenate Tim Minchin has joined Lionsgate’s Robin Hood: Origins as Friar Tuck, one of Robin Hood’s loyal companions.
Taron Egerton is playing the magnanimous thief in the retelling of English folklore, with Jamie Foxx playing Little John and Eve Hewson portraying Maid Marian.
Jamie Dornan and Ben Mendelsohn also star in the action feature, which is being directed by Otto Bathurst.
Origins, which is set to film in Budapest, is scheduled to hit theaters March 23, 2018.
Minchin is known for his stage work, having composed and written the lyrics for the Tony Award-winning Matilda. His theatrical work also includes roles in Australian and U.K. productions of Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead and Jesus Christ Superstar.
Currently, he is co-directing and writing the music and lyrics for the DreamWorks animated feature Larrikins.
Minchin is repped by APA, the U.K.’s PBJ and Ginsburg Daniels.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
More from The Hollywood Reporter
Adam Devine and Pierce Brosnan Team Up After a Bank Robbery in Netflix’s ‘The Out-Laws’ Trailer
The Little Mermaid
Box Office: ‘The Little Mermaid’ Gets Doused in China, South Korea After Racist Backlash
Michael Keaton Teases ‘Beetlejuice 2’: “We’re Doing It Exactly Like We Did the First Movie”
Lukas Gage, Megan Suri and Harvey Guillén Join Jack Quaid in Sci-Fi Thriller ‘Companion’