- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Olyphant, who most recently starred on Netflix’s Santa Clarita Diet, will appear in season two of the Disney+ Star Wars series, multiple sources tell Heat Vision.
It is unknown whether the actor will play a new character or a returning favorite in a new guise.
The Mandalorian has finished shooting under a veil of secrecy, but certain actors names have leaked out. Terminator star Michael Biehn will be involved in the new season, while The Hollywood Reporter recently revealed that Temuera Morrison has returned to the Star Wars galaxy and is playing fan favorite Boba Fett (or at least someone under that familiar suit).
Lucasfilm and Disney had no comment.
The Mandalorian season two is slated to bow in October on Disney+. Directors such as Robert Rodriguez (Alita: Battle Angel) and Peyton Reed (Ant-Man) have joined returning helmer Dave Filloni and show creator Jon Favreau, who also is directing an episode.
Olyphant seems like a good fit for the gunslinging worlds in which The Mandalorian jetpacks around. The actor gained a following for playing a sheriff on HBO’s revered Western Deadwood and a tough lawman on Justified, an FX series that ran six seasons.
Olyphant is repped by UTA.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day