- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Earlier this week, it was reported that Burt Reynolds is in talks to star in the film, with Tim Roth, Kurt Russell and Michael Madsen, who all starred in Tarantino’s Hateful Eight, in talks to play smaller roles or appear in cameos.
The movie, set in Los Angeles in 1969, follows Rick Dalton (DiCaprio), a former star of a Western TV series, and his longtime stunt double Cliff Booth (Pitt), who are struggling to make it in a Hollywood they don’t recognize anymore. But Rick has a very famous next-door neighbor — Sharon Tate.
Tarantino wrote the movie and will produce. Sony has dated Once Upon a Time in Hollywood for a worldwide release Aug. 9, 2019.
Olyphant, who is repped by UTA and Brillstein, stars in the Netflix comedy Santa Clarita Diet, which just got renwed for a third season.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day