- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
NEW DELHI – According to Sony Pictures India, The Adventures of Tintin: The Secret of the Unicorn has become the highest grossing animated film in India grossing about 254.4 million rupees ($5 million) at the Indian box office after it opened here four weeks ago.
Earlier, Tintin recorded the highest all-time bow for an animated film in India with its 73.5 million-rupee opening weekend gross, when it released on Nov. 11 with 351 prints in both English and Hindi and in 3D, 2D and IMAX 3D formats. Currently, 146 prints of the Steven Spielberg film remain in cinemas.
“The film has been bolstered by strong word-of-mouth and we expect it to play for several more weeks. It is bringing in a lot of bulk bookings and repeat audiences because of the great 3D experience,” said Sony Pictures India MD Kercy Daruwala.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day