- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The supernatural struggle for the heart of Victorian England will expand in scope next year, with Titan Comics securing a deal to produce comic books based on Showtime’s popular Penny Dreadful, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.
The first comic book series based on the show is currently scheduled for a spring 2016 release and will be written by Penny Dreadful scriptwriters Chris King, Krysty Wilson-Cairns and Andrew Hinderaker. Art for the series will come from Heavy Metal‘s Louie De Martinis.
“This incredibly exciting new comic series is going to captivate fans of horror, literature and Penny Dreadful alike, giving them a whole new insight into the lives of the fascinating, even bewitching, characters,” Lizzie Kaye, editor of the Titan comic, told THR.
The deal expands Titan’s footprint in the realm of comic books based upon genre TV shows; it already publishes four series based on the BBC’s Doctor Who (based upon the Ninth, Tenth, Eleventh and Twelfth incarnations of the hero), as well as series based upon NBC’s Heroes Reborn and The Blacklist.
Additionally, Titan plans a comic book prequel to next year’s Independence Day: Resurgence.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day