- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Based on Jessica Watson’s memoir of the same name, True Spirit follows the Australian sailor who in 2010, at just 16-years-old, became the youngest person to sail solo, non-stop, and unassisted around the world, surviving seven knockdowns while at sea for 210 days.
Sarah Spillane is set to direct from a script she wrote with Cathy Randall and revisions by Rebecca Banner.
Debra Martin Chase will produce under Martin Chase Productions, along with Susan Cartsonis for Resonate Entertainment, and Andrew Fraser for Sunstar Entertainment. Shahen Mekertichian, Sarah Spillane, Brent Emery, and Suzanne Farwell will executive produce.
The film will be shot on location in Queensland and Sydney, Australia later this year, with Watson consulting on the project.
Croft is repped by UTA, Circle of Confusion, and Australia’s Meissner Management. Banner is repped by Kaplan Perrone and Katz Golden.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day