- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Fox has found its Doctor Doom.
Kebbell was among the contenders that tested for the role. Others in the mix included Jack Huston and Domhnall Gleeson.
Miles Teller, Kate Mara, Michael B. Jordan and Jamie Bell are starring as the adventuresome quartet that gains incredible superpowers.
Doom is actually Viktor von Doom, the son of a gypsy woman who ends up the ruler of a fictional country named Latveria. His character history includes attending university with Reed Richards, the man who will become the leader of the Fantastic Four (played by Teller). Like Richards, he is a genius but with an unchecked ego.
Kebbell is a British actor who broke through with scene-stealing work in Guy Ritchie’s RocknRolla. He also appeared in Prince of Persia, The Sorcerer’s Apprentice and Wrath of the Titans.
Fox already likes the actor since it cast him in Dawn of the Planet of the Apes, which is riding a wave of good buzz from last week’s CinemaCon.
He is repped by CAA.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day