- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Tom Cruise has signed on for yet another sci-fi project.
The actor is attached to star in Yukikaze, an adaptation from Warner Bros. of a series of Japanese novels by Chohel Kamayashi The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.
The popular novels previously were adapted into five direct-to-video anime movies, two of which won animation awards.
The premise sees a planetary defense force beat back an invasion of aliens using a wormhole over Antarctica, setting up bases on the aliens’ planet. Yukikaze is the name of the advanced reconnaissance fighter plane the hero uses on his missions.
Erwin Stoff and Tom Lassally are producing.
The move continues Cruise’s sci-fi streak. The actor is in the middle of an international rollout for Oblivion, the sleek post-apocalyptic movie from Universal and Joseph Kosinski. Cruise also has All You Need Is Kill, an alien war movie that is set for a March 4 release from Warners.