- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Guy Ritchie is on board to direct the adaptation of the classic 1960s TV series that followed the spy adventures of American agent Napoleon Solo and Soviet agent Illya Kuryakin. Cruise is playing Solo, while Hammer is playing Kuryakin.
Vikander will play a British agent who has a thing for cars. The character did not appear in the TV series nor the short-lived spinoff, The Girl From U.N.C.L.E., and is a new creation.
Lionel Wigram and John Davis are producing.
Vikander appeared with Keira Knightley in Joe Wright’s adaptation of Anna Karenina, which led to work in several American productions. She will appear in Legendary’s fantasy The Seventh Son and recently wrapped DreamWorks’ Wikileaks movie The Fifth Estate.
Vikander is repped by UTA. She also is repped by Charles Collier and Angharad Wood at Tavistockwood in the U.K. and Laura Munsterjhelm in Sweden.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day