- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Taking place 60 years after an alien attack rendered Earth uninhabitable, Cruise plays Jack Harper, a drone repairman who helps maintain machines that continue to mine the planet for natural resources.
The trailer delves a little deeper into plot points that had been hinted at in previous spots. It is becoming more clear that Cruise’s character has been lied to. For starters, he discovers human survivors in some sort of suspended animation, and he’s beginning to have memories of Earth before the attack — a time presumably before he was born. Here’s the kicker: A mysterious man played by Morgan Freeman kidnaps him and says he’s been lied to.
From Tron: Legacy helmer Joseph Kosinski, the sci-fi film is slated to hit theaters April 12. It also stars Olga Kurylenko (Quantam of Solace) and Andrea Riseborough.
Watch the video above.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day