- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Tom Everett Scott is set to play Marisa Tomei’s husband in 20th Century Fox and Walden Media’s Us & Them, a comedic tale about old-school versus new-school parenting.
Billy Crystal came up with the original idea for the comedy, which he’s producing with Chernin Entertainment’s Peter Chernin.
Crystal also stars in the movie, along with Bette Midler and Bailee Madison. Director Andy Fickman (The Game Plan) begins shooting this fall in Atlanta.
Crystal and Midler play grandparents left alone to care for their grandkids. But grandpa’s old-school methods soon clashes with their daughter’s more modern parenting style.
Lowell Ganz and Babaloo Mandel, the writing team behind City Slickers, penned the current draft of the script; Lisa Addario and Joe Syracuse were the original writers.
Scott’s feature credits include Race to Witch Mountain and Tom Hanks’ That Thing You Do!
Scott is represented by Paradigm.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
The Many Saints of Newark