- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Tom Hanks and Tim Allen, who voice-starred together in Disney’s Toy Story movies, are teaming up for another Disney project, Jungle Cruise.
The two are attached to star in the live-action adaptation of the Disney theme park ride, being produced by Mandeville’s David Hoberman and Todd Lieberman, riding high as part of the producing team behind The Fighter.
Roger S. H. Schulman has been hired to write a new draft of the script for the long-in-development project.
The story’s details are being kept under wraps, but Disney is planning Cruise as a big action-adventure movie with unique aspects that will make it more than just a straight-up adventure.
Hanks is attached to play a family guy while Allen would play a tour boat captain.
The moviemakers plan on having a script completed before going out to directors.
Schulman, repped by Paradigm and Rain Management, worked on Shrek and many of Disney’s straight-to-DVD slate including Mulan 2, Jungle Book 2 and The Fox and the Hound 2.
Hanks is repped by CAA while Allen is repped by WME and Messina/Baker Entertainment.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day