- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Thomas Jane might not want to know about this.
“I want The Punisher,” the actor said. “I want The Punisher, or Splinter Cell. I want something … I don’t know what I want.”
Hardy, who played Bane in 2012’s The Dark Knight Rises, then pointed out that his physical stature might preclude him from ever nabbing the role. “I’m not big enough to be The Punisher; I’m 5’9″,” he said laughing.
He added that the name of the Punisher’s alter ego suits him. “Frank Castle, I would love it,” Hardy said about the businessman character who looks to avenge his murdered family members.
This wouldn’t be the first time the Marvel antihero has been brought to the big sceen. A 2004 version starred Thomas Jane, John Travolta and Rebecca Romijn, grossing $54.7 million worldwide. It currently holds a 29 percent approval rating from Rotten Tomatoes.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day