- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Tom Holland is taking on the role of Fred Astaire.
While promoting Spider-Man: No Way Home in London, the actor told The Associated Press that he’ll play the iconic actor-singer-dancer in an upcoming film for Sony.
“The script came in a week ago,” Holland said. “I haven’t read it yet; they haven’t given it to me.”
“She FaceTimed me earlier. I was in the bath,” Holland told the AP of Pascal. “And we had a lovely FaceTime, but I will be playing Fred Astaire.”
“There are very few actors working now who are versatile in the way that [Holland] is,” Pascal told GQ last month. “And he’s the hardest-working person that I know.”
Holland previously showed off his dancing skills on Lip Sync Battle opposite his Spider-Man co-star Zendaya in 2017, where he performed a mashup of “Singin’ in the Rain” and Rihanna’s “Umbrella.”
Another Astaire project is in the works from Amazon Studios and Automatik, with Jamie Bell starring as the legend and Margaret Qualley playing Ginger Rogers.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day