- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The story, an original idea of Wright’s, centers on a getaway driver who relies on the beat of his personal soundtrack to be the best in the game. But after being coerced into working for a crime boss, he must face the music when a doomed heist threatens his life, love and freedom.
Working Title and Nira Park are producing. MRC and TriStar are co-financing the project 50-50.
“We’re delighted to be riding shotgun as Edgar Wright takes the wheel of his next film,” said Rothman. “TriStar is in the business of backing original voices, and he is all that. Working Title are great producers and MRC great partners. They and Edgar are making the ultimate rock-and-roll car chase film and together we’re buckled up and ready to go.”
Elgort, who is also a DJ on the side, will next be seen in YA sequel Insurgent. He’s repped by CAA, Brookside Artist Management and Morris Yorn.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day