- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Thrills, spills and death traps, oh my. The debut trailer for Tomb Raider has been released, showing Alicia Vikander in action as the new Lara Croft for the first time.
Based on the 2013 reboot of the video game franchise, the new feature — which also stars Walton Goggins, Daniel Wu and Dominic West, with the latter playing Lara’s father — tells the origin story of the character, as the inexperienced Lara searches for the truth behind her father’s disappearance years earlier. As the trailer makes clear, it’s not a voyage that goes particularly smoothly.
The new movie is directed by Norwegian filmmaker Roar Uthaug, from a screenplay by Geneva Robertson-Dworet, who has since been tapped to pen Warner Bros’ Gotham City Sirens and the latest draft of Marvel’s Captain Marvel.
Tomb Raider will swing, slide and roll into theaters March 16, 2018.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day