- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Tommy Harper is joining J.J. Abrams‘ Bad Robot Productions in the newly created position of chief operating officer. Reporting directly to Abrams, Harper will oversee Bad Robot’s daily operations and collaborate with Abrams on the company’s new initiatives.
Harper has worked on such Bad Robot films as Mission: Impossible — Ghost Protocol, Star Trek and Star Trek into Darkness and is currently executive producer on Star Wars: The Force Awakens. Harper’s credits also include such films as Alice in Wonderland, Battle: Los Angeles, Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit and Big Eyes.
“I’ve been lucky enough to work with Tommy Harper for years,” Abrams said. “Again and again he has proven to be an impressively responsible, dedicated and hard-working leader. His insights and experience will help Bad Robot across all departments, in countless ways. Despite how impeccably he dresses, I admire him enormously.”
It was previously announced that BBC’s Ben Stephenson would join the company in May to oversee Bad Robot Television, while Lindsey Weber will continue to lead Bad Robot’s feature film division. Bryan Burk will continue to focus on the completion of The Force Awakens and Mission: Impossible – Rogue Nation.