- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Back in 2011 when The Room still only had an underground cult following, the magnificently awful film’s star, writer, director and producer made an appearance on Space Ghost Coast to Coast.
The one and only Tommy Wiseau sat for an interview with the Adult Swim cartoon host, creating clips which played during commercial breaks of the April Fool’s Day showing of The Room.
Thanks to James Franco’s critical and commercially successful The Disaster Artist — which recounts the making of what has been dubbed the worst film ever made — Wiseau has now become a household name. But in 2011, the jet-black-haired, sunglass-wearing Wiseau was just a goof on a goofy cartoon. It was magic then, and feels like even more so now.
The seemingly scatterbrained Wiseau fit perfectly into the format of Space Ghost, which itself was scatterbrained in its delivery.
Not to ruin any surprises, but one of the best moments is when Wiseau uses his “powers” to freeze Space Ghost.
The interview has everything Room fans could ask for, including lot of Wiseau’s random laughs and pauses, him struggling with names and throws to commercial and stories that go nowhere.
Check out Wiseau on some vintage Space Ghost below.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day