- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Set in a future world, Divergent centers on Tris Prior (Shailene Woodley), who is warned she is Divergent and will never fit into any one group. When she discovers a conspiracy to destroy all Divergents, she must find out what makes being Divergent dangerous before it is too late.
Goldwyn will play Andrew Prior, Tris’ father in Summit’s big-screen adaptation of Veronica Roth‘s best-selling young adult novel. THR broke the news April 12 that Ashley Judd is playing Tris’ mother, Natalie.
Woodley toplines the film alongside Theo James and Kate Winslet. Ray Stevenson, Maggie Q, Mekhi Phifer, Jai Courtney, Miles Teller, Zoe Kravitz and Ansel Elgort co-star. Neil Burger is directing. Production began last week in Chicago.
Summit will release Divergent on March 21, 2014.
Goldwyn, also a director, stars on ABC’s Scandal as President Fitzgerald “Fitz” Grant. His credits include Ghost, The Last Samurai, The Pelican Brief, Nixon, Kiss the Girls and The Substance of Fire.
He is repped by CAA and Untitled Entertainment.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day