- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Top Gun actress Kelly McGillis was reportedly assaulted by a stranger who broke into her North Carolina home last week.
After a short struggle with the suspect, identified by news station WYFF4 in Greenville as Laurence Marie Dorn, McGillis was able to get ahold of authorities, the actress wrote in a lengthy Facebook post.
“I’m alright. Scratched and bruise,” McGillis, who starred as Tom Cruise’s love interest Charlie in the 1986 classic Top Gun, wrote on Facebook. “I feel very thankful it turned out well. But who I feel heartache for is the little girl that was with her. Mental illness takes many hostages. I don’t know her name … but I would like to asked [sic] that you pray for her and her mother.”
Dorn has been charged with second-degree burglary, misdemeanor larceny, misdemeanor stalking, assault and battery and interfering with emergency communication, according to WYFF4.
The Henderson County Sheriff’s Office could not be reached for additional information.
Read McGillis‘ full retelling below:
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day