- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
As U.S. buyers continue to zero in on You’re Next, one sale already has emerged: Icon has picked up Australian rights to the hot horror movie directed by Adam Wingard.
PHOTOS: Toronto Film Festival: 13 Films to Know
Meanwhile, on the North American side, Paramount is the latest to show interest in the movie, via its underused low-budget horror label Insurge. The company now joins TWC/Dimension, CBS Films and Lionsgate among the U.S. distributors showing intense interest. Lionsgate, according to sources, is the only one that has made a bid.
As Heat Vision reported earlier, the movie played extremely well at Saturday’s Midnight Madness sidebar. We’re not afraid to say it: this is the stand-up and cheer horror movie of the year.
STORY: Buyers Circling Horror Pic ‘You’re Next’
You’re Next features a family being hunted by a group of sadistic murderers at a reunion getaway. There was a second-day screening of the movie Sunday and sources say it was after this screening that Paramount decided to take a closer look at the film.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
More from The Hollywood Reporter
‘The Boogeyman’ Director Rob Savage on Stephen King’s Blessing and the Very Good Reason Why Disney Had Him Remove a Toy Lightsaber
Matthew Broderick Reveals Tensions with John Hughes on ‘Ferris Bueller’: “He Was Not Easygoing”
Pamela Anderson Had One Big Rule for ‘Pamela: A Love Story’ Director: “Don’t Show Me Anything”