- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
TORONTO – Sean Bean is attached to star in Scorched Earth, a post-apocalyptic action film from Emmy-award winning television director Brad Turner (24).
The screenplay to Scorched Earth, from writers Bobby Mort and Kevin Leeson, sets the action in the future after an environmental disaster which left billions dead and turned the planet into a ravaged wasteland. Bean will play Atticus Gage, a bounty hunter, who receives the bounty of a lifetime to track the world’s most wanted criminal in these devastated badlands.
Scorched Earth will be Turner’s feature-film debut. The director/producer earned his stripes in the small screen, with more than 200 TV episodes to his credit. In addition to 24, Turner has also worked on shows including Homeland, Psych and Nikita, and served as a co-executive producer for the first season of CBS’ Hawaii Five-0 .
Jamie Goehring and Leeson will produce Scorched Earth with Shawn Williamson and Daniel Zirilli on board as executive producers. VMI Worldwide is handling worldwide sales and is pitching the project to buyers at the Toronto International Film Festival.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day