- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
LONDON – This year’s Toronto International Film Festival will play host for the third year in a row to the Producers Lab Toronto which sees a dozen European producers travel to the event to meet 12 Canadian producers.
The Lab has been in operation for the previous two editions of the Canadian festival and this year has secured necessary funding from the European Union’s Media Mundus program to help the Europeans go to the Canadian festival event.
It will run September 5 through 8, 2012, and aims to unite producers from Europe and Canada on movie projects and bolster co-production ambitions.
Organizers of the first two editions of the Lab said almost all of the participants from 2010 and 2011 are in contact with one another and 27 projects are actively in development.
The forum is organized by European Film Promotion (EFP) in collaboration with the Ontario Media Development Corporation (OMDC) and TIFF.
As a way of fostering closer relations between the producers, the participants are subsequently invited to alumni meetings during the Berlin and Cannes film festivals.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day