- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Lionsgate/Roadside has acquired North American rights to Bill Pohlad‘s Beach Boys biopic Love & Mercy. A source pegs the deal at $3 million.
John Cusack, Paul Dano, Elizabeth Banks and Paul Giamatti star in the film, which made its world premiere Sept. 7 at the Elgin Theatre.
Written by Oren Moverman and Michael Alan Lerner, Love & Mercy chronicles Beach Boys founder Brian Wilson‘s decades-long struggles with mental health and substance abuse issues. Paul Dano and John Cusack play younger and older iterations of Wilson.
Given the film’s high-profile subject matter, Love & Mercy drew immediate interest from buyers, including Fox Searchlight and Sony.
The film, from River Road Entertainment and Battle Mountain Films, marks veteran producer and financier Pohlad’s feature directing debut.
Pohlad, Claire Rudnick Polstein and John Wells produced, while Ann Ruark, Jim Lefkowitz and Moverman executive produced.
CAA repped the film.
(Pamela McClintock contributed to this report.)
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day