- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Their Finest has been acquired by EuropaCorp in a mid-seven figure deal, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.
The comedy comes from An Education helmer Lone Scherfig and is set in Britain during World War II. The film follows a young screenwriter (Gemma Arterton) as she comes into her own on a movie set where she is the favorite of a past-his-prime director, played by Bill Nighy.
Sam Claflin and Jack Huston also star in the pic, which is based on the novel Their Finest Hour and a Half by Lissa Evans.
Stephen Woolley, Amanda Posey, Finola Dwyer and Elizabeth Karlsen produced, with Christine Langan, Ed Wethered, Robert Norris, Ivan Dunleavy, Peter Watson, Zygi Kamasa and Thorsten Schumacher serving as executive producers.
Their Finest made its world premiere at the Toronto International Film Festival.
CAA repped the rights to the film. HanWay is selling it in international territories.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day