- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Kino Lorber has picked up the North American rights to Israeli director Oren Shai’s debut feature, The Frontier.
The deal for the noir thriller, penned by Shai and Webb Wilcoxen, was unveiled in Toronto after the indie bowed at SXSW. The Frontier stars Insidious: Chapter 2 actress Jocelin Donahue, Kelly Lynch, Jim Beaver and Izabella Miko.
The film portrays a female drifter who discovers a violent gang of thieves at a desert motel and hatches a plan to escape with their stolen cash. Kino Lorber plans a limited theatrical release before a DVD/Blu-ray and VOD release.
“We think Oren Shai’s visually striking directorial debut will appeal to fans of classic and contemporary film alike, and we look forward to helping the film find a wider audience.” Bret Wood, vp at Kino Lorber, said Friday in a statement.
The film is produced by Rocking Films and Dana Lustig Productions.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day