- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Amplify and Starz have snatched up North American rights for the film, which features interviews with championship boxers Mike Tyson, Evander Holyfield and Bernard Hopkins along with celebrity boxing fans including The Fighter star Mark Wahlberg, Denzel Washington, Ron Howard, Spike Lee and Curtis “50 Cent” Jackson.
The film looks at the career highs and lows of Tyson, Holyfield and Hopkins: three rags-to-riches fighters who all rose to become world champions. It is billed as a no-holds-barred look into the brutal sport and business of boxing.
Read More: WME Signs Professional Boxer Andre Ward
The Works picked up sales rights to Champs at the Toronto International Film Festival and will present the doc to buyers at the upcoming American Film Market in Santa Monica in November. Tyson, who is a producer on Champs, will attend the AFM screening of the film to meet with potential buyers.
Amplify and Starz are planning a day-and-date theatrical and VOD release of Champs on in North America in 2015.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day