- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Toy Story is adding more A-listers to its playroom. Disney released the first teaser trailer this week for Toy Story 4, along with an animated short in reaction to the teaser, featuring comedy duo Keegan-Michael Key and Jordan Peele.
The short offers the first glimpse of the pair’s characters in the film — a stuffed bunny and duck — as they express their excitement for the newest Toy Story installment while relaxing after-hours at a carnival stand.
“Ducky — you see the new movie trailer?” Peele’s Bunny prods. “They’re making another Toy Story movie.”
“No!” Key’s Ducky exclaims. “I thought those movies were done, dog! They made three movies!”
They both show their excitement at the news, before trying to mimic their favorite characters from the original films. “I am Buzz Lightyear: space ranger,” Bunny recites. “To infinity and your mom!”
Eventually, Woody (Tom Hanks) and Buzz (Tim Allen) arrive to set them straight with the correct lines, but the newcomers don’t believe them. “You can’t go to infinity, dummies!” Bunny insists.
The first teaser features the returns of Woody, Buzz, Jessie (Joan Cusack) and more, as well as newcomer Forky, voiced by Veep‘s Tony Hale.
Directed by Josh Cooley, Toy Story 4 is set to hit theaters June 21.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day