- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Tracy Morgan is in talks to join Ed Helms and Amanda Seyfried in comedy The Clapper.
Dito Montiel, who worked with Morgan in 2011’s The Son of No One, wrote and will direct the film that follows a professional clapper for infomercials who gets plucked by a late-night talk show host to be on his TV show.
Robin Schorr, Steve Ponce and Montiel will produce, along with Helms and Mike Falbo, who will produce under their Pacific Electric banner. Alex Lebovici and Michael Bien will act as executive producers.
Following a long recovery from an automobile accident, the Saturday Night Live and 30 Rock alum returned to his sketch roots and hosted an episode of SNL in September.
Morgan just wrapped filming on the Ice Cube-Charlie Day comedy Fist Fight and will next portray Redd Foxx in The Weinstein Co.’s Richard Pryor biopic Richard Pryor: Is It Something I Said?
Morgan is repped by CAA and Hansen Jacobson.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day