- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The Hunger Games: Mockingjay — Part 1 coming attraction was the most viewed trailer on YouTube, according to technology firm Zefr, which tracks the numbers. It was the second week in a row the trailer topped the list, though the decline was steep: from 16.9 million views to 2.03 million.
Still, that was enough to edge out Fifty Shades of Grey trailer No. 1 by fewer than 50,000 views; it notched 19.85 million views for the No. 2 spot.
Fifty Shades has been the hottest trailer of the late summer and early fall. It has totaled up 69.4 million cumulative views since the trailer hit the web on July 24.
New trailers took the next four spots: Big Hero Six trailer No. 2, Blackhat trailer No. 1, Kingsman: The Secret Service, Jupiter Ascending trailer No. 3 and The Good Lie international trailer No. 1. The trailers were closely bunched together as views ranged from 1.5 million down to 1 million.
The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies, Annabelle (opening today; THR gave it a so-so review), and The SpongeBob Movie: Sponge Out of Water rounded out the top 10.
Read more ‘Annabelle’: Film Review
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
When They See Us
Toronto Film Festival