- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Assassin’s Creed and Tramps star Callum Turner is in negotiations to play Newt Scamander’s (Eddie Redmayne) brother in the Warner Bros. sequel to Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.
David Yates is directing the follow-up to last year’s Harry Potter spinoff, which is slated to hit theaters Nov. 16, 2018. Turner is set to appear opposite Jude Law and Johnny Depp, who were earlier announced to appear in the sequel.
Turner most recently starred in the indie romance-heist film Tramps, for which Netflix picked up the the worldwide rights in Toronto. Adam Leon directed the romancer, which also stars Grace Van Patten and follows a petty criminal and his driver who botch a drop-off job and have to correct their mistake while learning to trust one another along the way.
The first Fantastic Beasts movie — which kicked off a five-film spinoff series — grossed $813 million at the box office in 2016. J.K. Rowling, David Heyman, Steve Kloves and Lionel Wigram are producing the second film, with Neil Blair, Rick Senat and Danny Cohen as executive producers.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day