- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Transparent actress Trace Lysette will star in the indie Colors of Ava, a Los Angeles-set love story.
Trans actress Rain Valdez, who will be seen in Paul Feig’s Freeform pilot Girls Code, will also star and co-produce. The production notes that it is committed to casting its trans roles, 10 in total, with trans talent.
Sam McConnell, the producer behind HBO’s The Out List and The Trans List, is directing from a screenplay by Wayne Mahon. Julie Christeas will produce via the Tandem Pictures banner.
“Trace Lysette isn’t just a talented actress, she’s a voice for change who is helping to create a more inclusive Hollywood,” GLAAD chief communications officer Rich Ferraro said in a statement. “By employing transgender talent in front and behind the camera, Colors of Ava will no doubt raise the bar for inclusion and show audiences and the industry the power of transgender people telling their stories on their own terms.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day