- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The Tribeca Film Festival’s 2013 lineup has added 60 short films that run the gamut from documentary to narrative and experimental and include stars such as Elijah Wood, Elle Fanning and Lauren Ambrose.
The program is broken down into eight categories, with themes that include first person narrative, late night genre (think: vampires and werewolves), New York City and apocalyptic disasters.
Beyond festival recognition, the winners of Tribeca’s Best Narrative Short award and Best Documentary Short awards will be automatically qualified for next year’s Academy Awards, circumventing other required points of entry.
The festival, in its 12th year, received over 2800 entries, and the final selection of 60 films represent 19 different nations.
The Tribeca Film Festival will run from April 17-28, kicked off by an opening night documentary about and concert starring indie rock band The National. The roster of full length features that will play at the festival include projects from Paul Rudd, Julianne Moore, Russell Crowe, John Slattery and Naomi Watts.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day