- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Tribeca Film has acquired North American rights to writer/director So Young Kim’s drama For Ellen, which stars Paul Dano as an aspiring rock star trying to reconcile with his young daughter. The cast also includes Margarita Levieva, Jon Heder, Jena Malone and newcomer Shaylena Mandigo.
Tribeca Film plans a fall release in select theatrical markets, beginning Sept. 5 at New York’s Film Forum. The movie also will be released via On Demand platforms on a variety of video-on-demand offerings as well as through iTunes, Amazon Watch Instantly, VUDU, Xbox and Samsung Media Hub.
The film, which premiered at the Sundance Film Festival, was produced by Bradley Rust Gray and Jen Gatien through SoandBrad and DeerJen films.
Nick Savva, director of acquisitions for Tribeca Film negotiated the deal with CAA, which repped the filmmakers.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day