- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Tina Fey and Tom Hanks are set for in-depth conversations at the 2016 Tribeca Film Festival.
The chats are part of Tribeca Talks: Storytellers, a new series for the New York City-set fest, which will also include its annual interactive storytelling showcase Storyscapes and gaming forum TFI Interactive.
The 15th edition of the 10-day event also introduces Imagination Day, an April 19 summit that gathers Virgin Group founder Sir Richard Branson and Google ATAP product innovator Regina Dugan with VR creatives and tech entrepreneurs such as Second Life and High Fidelity founder Philip Rosedale, VR directors Felix Lajeunesse and Paul Raphael of Felix & Paul Studios and STRIVR founder and CEO Derek Belch.
Additionally, the fest will present the world premiere of Invasion!, the first VR, interactive animated film from Baobab Studios, co-founded by Maureen Fan (former vp games for Zynga) and Eric Darnell (director of Antz and the Madagascar series). The project follows menacing aliens with superior technology who come to claim Earth and destroy anyone in their way — and a pair of fluffy white bunnies who dare to defy them.
The 2016 Tribeca Film Festival, again presented by AT&T, is set to run April 13-24.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day