- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Who says a blushing bride is the only person faced with pre-wedding jitters?
In this new clip from Donald Rice’s Cheerful Weather for the Wedding, hosted exclusively by The Hollywood Reporter, Downton Abbey star Elizabeth McGovern is seen defending her daughter’s honor as family members begin to question her whereabouts. Played by Felicity Jones, protagonist Dolly Thatcham faces inner turmoil when a former flame (Luke Treadaway) turns up on her wedding day in the 1932-set British film.
The Tribeca acquisition title is represented by UTA and will make its world premiere at the festival on Friday, April 20. Cheerful Weather was featured in The Hollywood Reporter’s New York Issue as one of the 10 Tribeca films to watch.
The Tribeca Film Festival kicked off Wednesday night in New York City with another (more modern) wedding-themed project — Jason Segel and Nicholas Stoller’s The Five-Year Engagement.
Watch THR’s exclusive sneak peek of Cheerful Weather in the video clip above.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day