- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The Tribeca Film Institute has announced its 2016 grantees.
More than 500 submissions were considered for the TFI Documentary Fund, which provides grants and guidance to feature-length, character-driven documentaries.
This year’s winners are Fly Away (L.C. Cohen), People’s Republic of Desires (Hao Wu), Tower (Keith Maitland), Weiner (Joshua Kriegman, Elyse Steinberg) and Wild Wild Country (Chapman and Maclain Way).
With The Orchard as a partner, the fund is now able to provide grantees with a direct conduit to distribution options.
“The films chosen by The Orchard and TFI for this year’s grant are a stunningly unique and layered group of films that truly represents excellence in nonfiction filmmaking. We are inspired by the opportunity to support and bring distribution options to these five incredible films and partner with the filmmakers to help them find the audience they deserve,” said Danielle DiGiacomo, vp of acquisitions for The Orchard.
Along with a monetary grant, the five grantees will receive year-round support from TFI and The Orchard, and each of the grantees will meet with The Orchard executives to discuss a “first look” negotiation opportunity.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day