- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Three companies in the theater marketing space — Vision Media Management, ThinAire and Peach Cinemas — are teaming up to offer targeted “proximity-based” marketing using beacons to reach consumers on their mobile devices when they are at or near the theater.
That might include sending messages to a customer’s mobile device, welcoming the moviegoer to the theater and offering customer rewards, concession discounts or exclusive content. When customers leave the auditorium, it might send a coupon for a nearby restaurant.
Each of the three partners — Vision Media Management; ThinAire, which used beacons and other technology for proximity marketing; and cinema website and marketing firm Peach Cinemas — offers parts of the service lineup. Combined, they want to provide more complete services, including finding and managing advertisers and providing analytics.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day