- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Trudie Styler has been named Capri, Hollywood’s person of the year for her work as a human rights and environmental activist. Style will be presented with the award Nov. 1 at an event in Rome to launch her directorial debut, Freak Show.
Styler is also slated to serve as chair of the jury for Rome Film Fest’s Alice Nella Citta sidebar, which is geared toward younger audiences. Freak Show, based on the novel by James St. James about a bullied teenager, will screen as a special event during the festivities.
“We are pleased to honor Trudie Styler with this prestigious award,” said producer Marina Cicogna on behalf of the Capri in the World Institute. “She is a true artist, a formidable businesswoman and humanitarian, who together with her husband Sting has founded the Rainforest Fund and has always been at the forefront to protect the environment.”
Oscar-winning makeup artist Alessandro Bertolazzi (Suicide Squad) has also been named chairman of the upcoming festival in Capri, an annual event that takes place in prime awards season time over the New Year.
The 22nd Capri, Hollywood International Film Festival takes place Dec. 26, 2017 to Jan. 2, 2018. The upcoming edition is dedicated to Elizabeth Taylor.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
San Sebastian International Film Festival
They Cloned Tyrone