- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
COLOGNE, Germany – Zeynep Ozbatur, producer of acclaimed Turkish art house features Three Monkeys and Climates has won the 4th annual European co-production award, the Prix Euroimages.
Since her first feature — the German-Turkish co-production Lola + Bilidikid in 1999, Ozbatur has proved a master of the Bzyantine art of weaving together financing and creativity across European boarders. Climates, which swept the swept Antalya and Istanbul festival awards in 2006, was a Turkish-French co-production and Three Monkeys, which won the Best Director honor in Cannes in 2008, was set up as a three-country co-production between Turkey, France and Italy. It was also the first film Ozbatur produced under her new shingle, Zeyno Film.
Ozbatur’s most fruitful collaborations have been with director Nuri Bilge Ceylan, helmer of both Climates and Three Monkeys.
The 44-year-old producer will receive the Prix Euroimages at the ceremony for the European Film Awards in Tallinn, Estonia on Dec.4.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day