- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The series might be over, but Twin Peaks: The Return lives on in a special limited-edition print by Scott Pilgrim creator Bryan Lee O’Malley that offers the pop culture crossover you’ve been waiting for.
O’Malley’s portrait of Wally Brando — played by Michael Cera, who also played the title role in Edgar Wright’s big-screen adaptation Scott Pilgrim vs. the World — remakes the son of Andy and Lucy in Pilgrim’s image, complete with Wally’s most memorable line from the series along the bottom of the image. An earlier version of the image debuted on Twitter during the series run.
“Twin Peaks: The Return is the best thing I’ve seen on TV maybe ever, and when I saw a familiar face on the screen, I just had to pay my respects,” O’Malley told Heat Vision about the origin of the piece.
The portrait has been released in an ultra-limited run of 100 by Toronto-based printing company Papergirl Press. Each print sells for $40 each, with O’Malley’s share of the proceeds going to the UNIDOS Disaster Relief Fund to help with hurricane and earthquake relief in Puerto Rico and Mexico.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day