- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Tyrese Gibson, one of the key players in the Fast and Furious franchise, will star opposite Oscar-nominee Naomie Harris in Black and Blue, a crime thriller from Screen Gems.
Deon Taylor, who helmed the home invasion thriller Traffik, is directing the feature project which is being produced by Sean Sorensen. Taylor’s Hidden Empire Film Group is also producing.
The script, by Peter A. Dowling, centers on a rookie cop (Harris) in New Orleans who witnesses corrupt officers murdering a drug dealer — an event that is captured by her body cam. Then, when they fail to execute her, the narcs pin the murder on her and she is hunted by the narcs who are desperate to destroy the incriminating footage, as well as by the drug dealers out for apparent revenge.
Gibson will play an aspiring artist who teams up with Harris to stop the bad guys.
Eric Paquette will oversee for Screen Gems.
Taylor also directed and produced Screen Gems’ upcoming thriller, The Intruder, starring Dennis Quaid, Michael Ealy and Meagan Good. The movie is slated to open May 3.
Gibson will shoot Black and Blue first, then speed into Fast & Furious 9. He is repped by APA.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Universal Music Publishing Group