- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
David Ayer’s gritty story of a WWII tank crew earned $4.3 million, knocking Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles into second place with $3.1 million. Gone Girl continued to stay in the top three, adding $2.6 million to bring its overall U.K. box-office take to $27.5 million after four weeks.
The week’s second-highest-grossing new entry was 3D-animated The Book of Life in fourth place, with $1.6 million, while a trio of newcomers — Bollywood drama Happy New Year, U.K. romcom Love, Rosie, and Australian horror film The Babadook — snared the eighth, ninth and 10th positions, respectively.
Meanwhile, Depression era-drama Serena, starring usual box-office favorites Bradley Cooper and Jennifer Lawrence, limped into the 19th spot for the week in Britain with revenue of only $153,000 from 185 screens.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Behind The Screen