- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
Following its acquisition of production equipment rental house HotCam NY last March, London-headquartered rental business Procam has completed a rebranding and expansion of the company as Procam New York, as part of a $1.9 million investment in growth. It’s now seeking opportunities for further expansion into additional U.S. cities.
“We’ve expanded and refocused Procam New York’s range of services to mirror that of our UK offices. This includes kit and crew rental, project management, workflow consultancy, training and 24-hour support. As well as servicing U.S. clients, we support UK clients shooting in the U.S.,” said Procam CEO John Brennan.
The company recently hired Mark Schwietering as Procam New York’s vp of operations, and named HotCam vp of operations Sean Smith as vp of customer relations. Schwietering comes from AbelCine in Los Angeles.
It also purchased new inventory with Arri Alexa Mini and Sony FS7 cameras, Angenieux 45-120mm zoom lenses, several sets of Angenieux Optimo lenses (12-40mm, 16-40mm and 30-76mm) and Cooke S4/i T2 Prime lenses (18/25/32/50/75/100/135mm). The existing stock includes Arri Alexa and Amira cameras, and Sony F55s.
Procam maintains UK branches in London, Manchester, Glasgow and Edinburgh, and recently acquired lens service and manufacturing facility True Lens Services.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day