- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The cinematographers of Concrete Night, The Immigrant and Under the Skin are nominated for the American Society of Cinematographers (ASC) Spotlight Award, an honor that debuted a year ago to recognize cinematography in features and documentaries that are typically screened at film festivals, internationally or in limited release.
The nominees are Peter Flinckenberg for Concrete Night (Betoniyö), which debuted at the 2013 Toronto Film Festival; Darius Khondji for The Immigrant, which premiered in 2013 at Cannes and received a limited international release; and Daniel Landin for Under the Skin, which was unveiled at Telluride in 2013 and was distributed in select theaters worldwide.
Last year, Lukasz Zal and Ryszard Lenczewski won the inaugural ASC Spotlight Award for Ida, which on Thursday received Oscar nominations for best cinematography and foreign language film.
The winner of this year’s Spotlight Award will be announced at the 29th Annual ASC Awards, Feb. 15 at the Hyatt Regency Century Plaza.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day